ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2020
Application to the Dougherty Family College is an easy process:
The students who are a fit for the Dougherty Family College:
- are interested in proceeding directly into a bachelor’s degree program upon graduation from Dougherty Family College
- demonstrate the personal maturity and readiness for higher education
- own the perseverance, resilience and commitment needed to achieve educational goals
- can validate a high level of financial need
- have not had ready access to academic, economic, social or other support resources that facilitate academic success
- will not require remedial coursework to succeed
Applying to the Dougherty Family College is easy. All you need to do is complete the application below, send us your official high school transcript and (if selected) come to campus for an interview.
There are no application deadlines. Beginning on November 1, applications will be reviewed and decisions made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Note: To access the Dougherty Family College application, please be sure to select "2 Year College" as your college of interest.
Ask your high school to send an official copy of your academic transcript directly to the University of St. Thomas. It is preferred transcripts be sent electronically. Your counselor may also email a transcript (to email@example.com) or mail transcripts to:Office of Admissions – Dougherty Family CollegeUniversity of St. Thomas2115 Summit Ave., Mail 5017St. Paul, MN 55105
We will contact qualified applicants for an interview.
Before you attend the Dougherty Family College, you’ll need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application. If additional documents are needed for the FAFSA, we will contact you. Requests for additional documents needed to complete the Dream Act will come from Minnesota’s Office of Higher Education.
It is very important that you respond to our requests for additional information. Failure to submit this information will impact our ability to provide you with a comprehensive aid award.